Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Run Happy.



So, I am at the 36 week mark now, and still running! People keep asking me why I am still running, and the answer is really quite simple: Running makes me happy.   


Last week's crazy heat made it a little difficult, but I was able to get a short run in.  My doctor has given me the green light to keep running as long as I stay hydrated and don't overheat.  I also managed to get out on Saturday morning, and I could not imagine more perfect running weather!  The only problem, is that now I am seriously feeling the weight of the baby's head on my bladder, and as nice as the weather was on Saturday, it is starting to not be so enjoyable.  Still, it makes me happier than when I don't run.


With my first pregnancy, I continued running up until 37 weeks, and with that time point just one week away, I have been asking myself how much longer will I keep at it?


My answer:  Until it doesn't make me happy.  


Even when I have to slow my pace (this has been happening a lot these days), walk, stop and soak my shirt at a water fountain to keep cool, etc..  I just feel better when I run.


It just makes. me. happy.


-S.H.M.

No comments: